Heated steering wheel - Nissan Qashqai Forum

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-29-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Heated steering wheel

Got a 2018 fully loaded qashqai in the summer for my daughter.
Cold weather sets in and the heated steering wheel is barely warm even after ten minutes.
The dealer said there was a problem and the steering wheel was replaced.
Nothing has changed. I measured the temperature of the wheel and it was 22 degrees Celsius (72 degrees Fahrenheit). My wives car reads 33 degrees Celsius (91 degrees Fahrenheit)
We checked out two other qashqai at a dealership and found they also lacked heat.
Anyone else have a problem with the steering wheel heat?
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:38 PM

Hi, I have the same problem on my 2017 SL, I have the impression that is not heating, it takes more than 10 minutes before you feel some heat. The seats are presenting the same issue. I spoke with the dealer and they told me that is normal because is leather......LOL
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 08:45 PM

Hi, we have the same problem with our new 2018 Qashqui SL Platinum. The steering wheel doesn't heat up and just become slightly warm.
I have it checked by the dealership. They compared it with another Qashqui and found the heating level was almost the same. They told me it might be a systematic design issue. I called Nissan and opened a complain case. Nissan asked me to wait a couple of months then take it again to the dealership, a silly answer to our complaint.
I took the car to the dealership again after 2 months and they told me the same thing as last time.
I'm still in back and forth with Nissan. If this is a typical issue, Nissan is making a false advertisement regarding to this feature.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page