Quashqai - 2019-09 Owner Notification - Nissan Qashqai Forum

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quashqai - 2019-09 Owner Notification

Today I received a letter pertaining to my 2017 Quashqai advising that my vehicle may be subject to a Notice of Defect because the Automatic Emergency Braking systems may activate with braking during normal vehicle operation when no collision is present.

I phoned my dealer who knew nothing about this, so I phoned NISSAN & was put through to their warranty & recall department. They advised me (from what I understand) that if I had or did encounter a problem, I should return to my dealer who would remedy under warranty. However, if I didnt have a problem and chose to have this checked at my dealer then I would/could incurr costs.

In my opinion, they have notified me of an AEB system possible problem with my car and again in my opinion my vehicle should be checked at NO CHARGE. I feel it is ridiculous that if the dealer does not find a software upgrade required on my car, then 1- why should I be paying for a safety check that NISSAN have written to my about stating my VIN number

In my world, this standard stinks - If it relates to possble braking issue - it should be a recall, not putting myself and others at risk! The letter only tells me to take to dealer if I've had braking issues and to put letter in my glovebox,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

Just phoned my dealer who advised they are aware, but have not received the software update yet from NISSAN

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page