2014 Qashqai Auto Parking - Nissan Qashqai Forum

post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

2014 Qashqai Auto Parking

Here's a video of the Qashqai automatically parking your car for you. Of course it seems to take quite a bit of time to do and you probably could have just manually done it faster.
Still cool to watch.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 02:40 PM

It's about time tech like this was brought down to this segment since there will be a ton of these on the road and with the type of people driving them and their occupants, there will need to be a level of efficiency in parking. Plus we can't forget how vehicle design these days is impacting visibility and with getting a feel for how close you are to things.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 04:51 PM

I read that automatic parking is actually one of the least used tech features with vehicles nowadays. Because people would rather just do it themselves.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

It takes way less time for me to manually park than to go back and forth like the video and that was parking without a car on either side of that space. I can just imagine the pain you go through in order to back into a spot.

Granted I'll use it with parallel parking no matter how long it takes because I stink with parallel.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 04:13 PM

I can see that becoming a big problem on busy city streets since someone taking forever to park will piss off a lot of people and quick.

Nothing better than learning how to do this yourself.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualis View Post
It takes way less time for me to manually park than to go back and forth like the video and that was parking without a car on either side of that space. I can just imagine the pain you go through in order to back into a spot.

Granted I'll use it with parallel parking no matter how long it takes because I stink with parallel.
Its definitely mostly for city parking. But still, people should just be able to park themselves in my opinion. It's like taking the elevator to the 3rd floor. Just take the stairs; it's faster anyway.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

I can front or back in just fine but my parallel parking could be better. Takes me a few tries.
The parking function is useful when we get fully automated cars. For now the old school way is better.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualis View Post
I can front or back in just fine but my parallel parking could be better. Takes me a few tries.
The parking function is useful when we get fully automated cars. For now the old school way is better.
Perfecting parallel parking is a vital thing to do if you live in the city, even more so if its at night and you need to find somewhere to park.

The main thing really is to just get your vehicle into the space without impeding traffic, at least once out of the way you can adjust the vehicle as needed.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

I live in the suburbs so there's always parking. Rarely parallel park these day.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 04:08 PM

That's always good, just being able to pull into a parking spot with no effort is what I like, especially when hauling around a hitch mounted bike or box.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page