Qashqai Warranty Term (U.S. Residents) - Nissan Qashqai Forum

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2017, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Qashqai Warranty Term (U.S. Residents)

Once the QQ comes to market in the U.S. the warranty term offered on every current Nissan model also applies here.

Anyone in this for long-term ownership might want to consider Nissan's Extended Warranty (more on that below). I don't know what warranty terms are like for Canada, UK, Middle East, etc. Feel free to chime in if you're from those ends.

Quote:
Every Nissan is backed by a 36-month/36,000-mile limited vehicle coverage and a 5-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage. 2003-2010 Vehicles equipped with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) also have a 10-year /120,000 mile CVT limited warranty extension. (For complete information, see your Nissan dealer and read the actual limited warranty.) For extra protection, you can also add Security+Plus®, the only extended service agreement approved by Nissan.
Nissan Security+Plus Extended Protection Plan - CLICK HERE FOR PDF
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-04-2017, 12:20 PM

Really depends on the cost of the extended warranty and what it covers. I've owned a few cars in my short lifetime and the components they provide an estimate on has never needed repairs. Aside from calipers, but that's normal to change out after a few years.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 04:24 PM

I'm not an extended warranty type of guy. I typically don't own vehicles for that long OR I just start messing with em' too early to be able to utilize it later on haha.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specv View Post
I'm not an extended warranty type of guy. I typically don't own vehicles for that long OR I just start messing with em' too early to be able to utilize it later on haha.
Fair enough. A lot of people I know don't see the value in them even if they plan on owning for longer. Can't blame them since a lot of people go many years without having to do anything else aside from regular maintenance.

But as the saying goes, better to be safe than sorry.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page